Saturday, August 10, 2013

CPFC

What a momentous occasion I attended this week!  I did not really want to go because I feared that Taylor's beloved Crystal Palace Football Club would lose in their playoff final against Watford.  I resigned myself to the shirt wearing and face painting with the rest of the Taylor family but my hopes were low.  It was my first ever visit to Wembley stadium and the atmosphere was a lot of fun.  Each team brought 30,000 fans to support their bid to join the premier league of football and win the £120 million that would go along with promotion, or so it is my understanding.  I have followed (supported is too strong a word) palace for about 4 years now and have never seen them achieve any form of greatness, let along massive success.  For that reason, I was shocked and delighted when they squeaked a win in the first half of extra time by scoring a single goal.  It was scored at the other end so I had to wait for the people around me to celebrate the goal before I was sure it had even happened.  Following a tense 20 minutes of intense prayers by everyone around me, the final whistle blew and the crowd rejoiced - myself included! 

  • Four finely decked out Taylors
 
Outside Wembley
 
Very annoying and staticy balloons
Flying the banner

No comments: