Friday, August 05, 2011

We have had three great days of hot sunny summer here which was excellent timing for my birthday. Thank you to everyone who sent me cards and well wishes. I got some lovely gifts as well. My favourite thing was probably a kite. We went to a local hillside and had a great time with it. I haven't really flown the kite in ages but it is great. I can't believe more people (by that I mean kids) aren't flying them. It is just a plain diamond kite but this little episode has made me keen to get my massive kite in the air that I bought in China. I was too cheap and rushed at the time to buy the line though so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It is so huge though, I'm not sure if I will be able to get it going in anything less than gale force winds. I might try some fishing line or something and see how it goes.
I went into the city a few times since the holidays started to meet up with friends. I went to Jamie Oliver's Italian in Covent Garden with Tom for my birthday. I had a risotto with bone marrow and a root veg salad. I also had a wander along the south bank. They have a lot of great stuff there for the summer. There is a very long sand box and a massive urban fox sculpture. I love the fox. You always see a fox skulking around town. The other night I photographed our neighbourhood fox and then saw the sculpture the next day. Look at him all hunched over! He looks like a teen. It's very well done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi April;
I was thinking of you on your birthday and your blog site is here at work not at home so I couldn't find it to send Birthday wishes - so Happy Belated Birthday, is all the rioting near you? I was thinking about you when I read this.
Take care - keep bloggin, always like to see what you are dong..
Love Aunt Michele