Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I am behind in my posting! I popped home for 5 days for the wedding of the century. Mandie and Steve had their special day on 10 10 10. It was a carnival kind of bright colours themed wedding. I thought it suited them perfectly. It was really relaxed yet very well executed. I was really pleased to be a part of their day and to visit everyone all at the same time. The weather was perfect for the event. I haven't been up to Southampton in a long while and I forget how lovely it is there. The fall colours were in full effect but we still had nice warm weather. The wedding party and company all stayed in a cottage on the waterfront called Chinaman's Hat. Every night there was a gorgeous sunset as well. The church and reception were really close together which made the whole thing really relaxed. It was really well organised of course because Mandie was running the show. She even managed to squeeze in a Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone showed up in the correct province as well which could have scuppered some guests. There was delicious trailmix on every table and there were fun cut-outs to have your picture taken with. It was interesting to see all those high school folks and how they have grown up and turned out.

Before the wedding I had a night in Kitchener and a half a day as well where I crammed in some shopping and a nice breakfast out with Dad. It was great that Mom and Dad could come up for the wedding for the whole weekend. I got a lovely new green coat and stocked up on all my favourite little Canadian food supplies. One distressing thing I did notice though was the massive size that the boys have become. Jack and Vic are massive! I used to be able to pick them both up together at the same without significant effort. Jackie has become especially portly. He just helps himself to the dry food all day long. I guess there is more of him to love. He flops down over the heat vents and his fur fluffs up around the edges. But not much. He blocks most of the vent. Here are a few pics from the wedding weekend. There was a cute little rabbit at the ceremony. Matty (who claims to be a rabbit whisperer) failed to get close to it. He did make a fine cowboy at the reception though. This was the old car that the bride arrived in. Everyone wanted a picture taken beside it.
On each table there was a trivial pursuit card about Mandie and Steve. Brightly coloured carnival themed reception hall. Me, Mel and Matty Hayes outside the church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The rabbit is clearly visible in the picture..I was GETTING close to it when your camera scared it away...for shame...