Thursday, April 05, 2012

Durdle Door

The Easter holidays are on and we have headed off to Cornwall for a week of self catering.  We have a cute little cabin in the woods with hot tub outside the small town of Perrinporth.  On the way out here we stopped at Durdle Door.  It provided lovely sea views and a great place for a picnic.  I foolishly tried to offer a crow and was suddenly surrounded by an evil flock of massive black birds.  I had to duck and cover!  Our next stop was to see a rude looking man carved into the limestone of a hillside at Cerne Abbas but somehow we missed it.  I don't know how that could have happened!  Here are some highlights of the trip so far.

The cove
Chalky cliffs

There is a long set of stairs going down to the beach on both sides.
I took this before I was too out of breath to think. 
It is a very steep incline!
And here's the door

No comments: