Saturday, June 01, 2013

Easter crafts and new people

The fruits of my labours in Easter Crafts club
We have bought a lovely new home!  So exiting!  It was great to be home recently while the deal was being struck.  I consider that the last time I will flippantly spend money on clothes (or anything else!) for a while.  I don't mind though because we got the place in the end.  I already know where I will put the guinea pig hutch if it is allowed!  I have been eyeing up some find rex rabbits as well.  I wonder if they could live in harmony?  The new place is in Bushey near a green space and it has it's own parking spot which is a miracle.  Now all we have to do is get out of our current houses.  I don't have to worry, because when my date comes, I can leave whether someone takes it or not.  For that reason, I have been giving perspective tenants my honest thoughts in regards to the quality of my current flat and the accessibility of its parking spot.  I think the letting agent is now only scheduling the visits when I am at work.  I don't want to post pictures of the house until we are in it.  I worry that some last minute hiccup could cause the deal not to go through so I don't want to jinx it.

We are actually listed on the coming events at the Round House!
Next week is is standardized testing week for year 6 and I feel nervous for them.  I really want them to do well but fear that several have been dirty cheats on all previous tests so I don't quite know how it will turn out.  After the week is over however, we will be able to relax and prepare the musical.  We are going on a new residential trip this year as well which I am pleased about.  I was getting sick of the muck and mud of Wales.  We are now exchanging it for some place in Yorkshire.  I have never been up there so I am looking forward to it.  when I consider the past few years on residential trips, I know that anything can happen on these jaunts.  There is always a few pukers and criers but last year we had the added pleasure of one of my group members pooing himself in a wetsuit while in a forest far away from the base camp.  I wonder what will happen this year.  The best part of this trip though is that we are staying in a castle.  It is called Dobroyd Castle.

This is also the season where trips come in think and fast.  I will (hopefully) be out of the building more then in soon!  We will be seeing a west end show, singing at the Round House in Camden with the BBC singers, going to Yorkshire, another minor camping trip, day trips here and there as well as the leavers festivities.  We have recently federated with another school so I will be going over and meddling in their affairs periodically as well.  I feel quite relaxed this year and have really enjoyed teaching an English group.  It is something different to do.  It keeps things interesting.  By the end of this year I may have company too as we are recruiting another Canadian graduate for the music department.  Provided they are nice, it could really expand things.  We are interviewing local candidates as well as in European residents.  Whoever we get, I hope they can fix instruments and have a high tolerance for noise - I mean music.

No comments: