Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I love it when the holidays roll around again. Here I am at yet another break from the term. It is now time for our two week Easter holiday. Then we come back to work for a three day week due to the Royal wedding. Excellent. I have not received my invites yet and I am starting to become concerned that they will not make it in time. I am moving house yet again so that will only complicate matters. Should I let Will and Kate know? Perhaps I'll drop them an email. The stores are filled with all kinds of royal wedding crap these days. You can get a pretty much anything for the kitchen (or anything else for that matter) with their faces and wedding dates on it. I should have the kids whack some merchandise out and get them out doing some "enterprise" with the stuff. I don't know who's buying it but someone must be or they wouldn't be making it all. I have found a picture of my favourite Will and Kate items, their likeness in Pez.


Two weeks before the term ending we got 12 eggs at school and watched them hatch over 10 days. The kids really loved it and it was a nice distraction for the staff. We had a web-cam on them that let you see them hatch when you were at home. It was called the chick cam. They were really cute for the first few days but then they just start looking like chickens and are less cute. The farm that we seem to have rented them from came back to collect them on Friday and the kids were distraught about what would become of them. I opted for the circle of life explanation. They then rallied together to try and find homes for them unsuccessfully. They didn't seem comforted by the fact that chickens have tiny little brains and would only waste any additional time given to them eating bugs and poo.

It has been beautiful weather here this past week and I have decided to pop home for a bit of winter. It looks like it is not too bad there either though. I will see you all next week if you are around :o)

No comments: