Monday, January 05, 2015

10 Years of Irregular Blogging!

Although this autumn has not been a banner season for blogging, I realised that I have been at it for some time now.  I think I have slowed down somewhat because I feel that I am just living regular life an am less of a tourist than I have been in the past.  I still have a few bits and pieces to add though so I will try for a bumper post!  The autumn has been busy and eventful even if I didn't realised it at the time.  Sometimes it is only when you look through your pictures folder that you discover you have indeed been doing things.

To start with, there was the Canadian invasion!  I had a big influx of Canadian visitors during the half term which was amazing.  I am so pleased that I could have everyone over.  We toured London and I terrified everyone with my driving.  It was a great visit.  It was so wonderful to have my friends around me.  I wish I had them around here all the time!  Hopefully they will visit again soon.  We have a spare a room people!  Keep it in mind.

Doing some serious brass rubbings
I also got the exciting news that my good friend Lauren is expecting!  I can't wait to see the new addition at Easter.  I love buying baby gifts!


To my lasting delight, we got a car that I can drive.  Hurray for automatic transmission.
The dream machine

Then we had Dad's 65 birthday!  I gave him the gift that keeps on giving:  a banjo!

On that same day, we headed off to Sri Lanka for a bit of safari fun.  We went on a whale watching and an extreme amount of bird watching. 

At Cinnamon Wild at 5 AM
 
 
A washed out road we had to wade through
 
 
Crocodile beside the washed out road
 
 
Yala National Park
 
Stilts Fisherman in Mirisa
 
 
 
What's next then?  Well, there are a few trips on the cards as always.  I will try my best to update on an as and when basis!  In the mean time, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the (ir)regular work!