Friday, April 18, 2014

Venice


 Aaaaaaah I love the holidays!  We got another last minute cruise deal for a week in the Mediterranean.  We went to Italy, Greece, Montenegro and France.  I loved it!  Those are pretty much all places I have wanted to go to.  I didn't think we would get to see Venice because that's where we were flying in to but we got there in lots of time.  So we hopped on a water taxi and headed into town!  We had fairly limited time so we just stayed around the Saint Mark's area but it is so beautiful.  The sun was shining and it was warm and lively.  I had what I can only describe as my dream sandwich made of fresh mozzarella, prescuttio and tomato sauce.  I followed that up with a little nutella flavoured gelato and and a stroll around the shops.  We saw Saint Mark's cathedral and the palace.  It was absolutely crammed with people, mainly students on school trips.  You could hear live music playing all around the square.  The atmosphere was exactly as I had imagined it to be.  We capped off the day with a gorgeous dinner and watched the sun set in the harbour. 

The water was as still as glass, I easily forgot that we were on a huge ship.  We went on the biggest ship in the P&O range I think this time, the Ventura.  It is a family ship instead of adults only.  I though I wouldn't like the kids around, especially at the pool and such but you really didn't notice them.  Apparently there were over 300 kids on board as well!  They had their own separate pools and activities areas which kept them busy.  You could even leave them at the night nursery until 2AM if you are a party parent!  Kind of defeats the purpose of a family holiday but it's nice to know those services exist. 

Here's a few of the pictures from that day.




No comments: