Sunday, September 26, 2010

School is back on with vengence. I havealmost made it through the first month. I feel quite out of my depth right now. I have started a massive band program at my school so that all of th children will have a chance to learn an instrument. The kids realy love it but it is hard work. I have work in and around band programs for years but I have never started so many children from scratch. It is hard on supplies and takes up ever moment of my day. The oldest year group were allowed to take their instruments home for the first time on Thusday and 9 of them didn't come back. I spent my morning on the phone to parents or forcing the kids to call their families at work demanding they be returned. In the end, everything came in expect for a saxophone and a trombone. The search will continue.
I think part of the problem is that supplies have been very slowly delivered and I am still without certain key components. For example, chairs. They were ordered 6 weeks ago for my classroom but still nothing. We have to sit on the floor which makes everything feel very chaotic. All of my orders got put in really late at the end of the previous school year so most of the stuff didn't arrive until a few days before school started. I am learning fast though. Every class I can organise myself a little better and have more systems in place. We had a false alarm that Ofsted was coming on Friday (school inspection) and I had a mini heart attack. I wouldn't really want to see them for another 5 monthes. All of ourclubs are about to start up next week. That has become another one of my side projects. I want as many children as possible to get involved in club activities. This means I will now be doing a morning arobics club each week. Those of you familiar with my previous success at step class will realise who ridiclous this is. Anyways, I'll give anything a try once.
I will be home next weekend for a breif visit for Mandie and Steve's wedding of the century. If you are around and in Southampton, come and see me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Get you blog on with a vengeance!"

-M to the power of H